Golden Opportunity: How to Reach Hollywood’s Biggest Fans With CTV Advertising
While TV ratings for Hollywood’s biggest night have not been as awards-worthy in recent years as they were pre-pandemic, the March showcase for the best movies, performers and filmmakers of the year continue to be golden for ad sales. In 2021, ABC sold out its inventory for the Academy Awards, with brands spending an estimated $2 million for each 30-second spot, according to The New York Times. In 2022, the telecast similarly sold out all 60 available commercial slots, reported Variety.
So where does that leave advertisers from categories such as luxury, fashion, automotive, skincare, consumer technology, travel, financial services and entertainment who want to reach Oscar viewers outside of the show itself? Let’s open the envelope and find out!
Hollywood’s Biggest Fans Are Watching Streaming TV Ads
Streaming is now the single most popular channel for TV consumption in the U.S. overall, according to Nielsen. It attracts more viewers than not only traditional broadcast and cable, but also more time spent than social media, gaming and music. And when it comes to advertising, adults in the U.S. pay more attention to streaming TV than another media channel, eMarketer found, thanks to the full-screen presentation, immersive experiences and non-skippable ad formats.
How Streaming Advertising Can Help Advertisers Reach Award Show Viewers
Streaming and connected television (CTV) advertising combines the reach of traditional television with the targeting capabilities of digital advertising, allowing advertisers to reach a large and diverse audience with a high level of precision and efficiency.
What’s more, streaming and CTV offer advertisers specific capabilities that are superior to other media, such as addressable targeting, deterministic measurement, campaign flexibility and speed, performance-led optimizations, cost-effectiveness and audience engagement.
And when it comes to return on investment, streaming TV delivers a 30% higher ROI than all other marketing channels, including digital video, digital display, paid search and social, according to Analytics Partners. Streaming and CTV advertising can also provide a more premium, safe environment for brands, which can help build trust and credibility with potential customers.
How CTV and Streaming Advertising Complements Existing Digital and Social Strategies
But CTV advertising isn't just effective on its own. Streaming and CTV campaigns can be a cost-effective complement to an existing online, social or digital advertising strategy or media buys targeting Hollywood awards viewers. By using a multichannel approach, brands can reach consumers through a variety of platforms, increasing the chances of their message being seen. Additionally, CTV advertising can provide measurable results, allowing advertisers to track the effectiveness of their campaigns and adjust them as needed, making the most of their advertising budget.
Simulmedia’s Unique CTV Advertising Solution for Starry-Eyed Fans
Simulmedia’s TV+© is the only streaming TV advertising platform designed to prioritize an advertiser’s needs. Here’s how we can help you create campaigns that reach your audience — whether it’s before, during or after Hollywood’s biggest night:
- Our technology allows us to build your audience target by who they are, how they’re watching and what they’re watching so we can confidently reach them at the most high-engagement, high-attention moments and at the most efficient cost.
- Our direct integrations with virtually every ad-supported streaming service, publisher and app (plus every linear network and channel) allows us to place your ads in premium, brand-safe environments with full transparency into where you’re running – including specific high-visibility programming related to the Academy Awards.
- To ensure maximum results with minimal waste, we deduplicate audiences and manage frequency across ad-supported streaming services so you’re not overdelivering your message to the same viewers.
- Our team of experts and TV veterans manage all aspects of your campaign from start to finish.
- We provide more granular measurement of the KPIs that matter to you than you’ve ever enjoyed before while our dedicated Simulmedia team optimizes your campaign for continuous improvement throughout your flight.
In conclusion, brands, products, and services can use CTV and streaming TV advertising to reach likely viewers of the Academy Awards telecast without advertising during the show itself. With the right ad planning, buying and activation partner, brands can increase the chances of their ads being seen by their target audience. Furthermore, by using data and analytics, brands can track the success of their CTV and streaming TV advertising to make adjustments and improve the effectiveness of their campaigns, resulting in a Hollywood ending.
Find out how Simulmedia’s unique TV+® platform for TV and streaming advertising provides unified access to premium linear and CTV inventory across all networks and publishers. Request a demo or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.