Connecting with Conscious Consumers: How CTV Advertising Can Help Your Earth Day Campaign
When it comes to sustainability, Gen Z is a powerhouse in championing the cause — research from Morning Consult shows that Zoomers value sustainability when choosing a brand, above all other generations.
Earth Day is the perfect opportunity for brands looking to resonate and connect with environmentally-conscious and younger generations. The best way to go about creating a campaign for the holiday? CTV advertising: a cost-effective solution for reaching audiences with laser-like precision at scale. In this blog, we’ll explore the benefits of CTV advertising for reaching these demographics and why it works so well for creating effective and engaging campaigns.
The Challenge for Advertisers This Earth Day
From sustainable business practices to cruelty-free certifications, today’s consumers want to buy from brands that align with their values.
Keeping all of this in mind, it’s not surprising that industries with a direct influence on the environment have leveraged the holiday to connect with those who care about going green, including:
- Environmental organizations and non-profits, who may use the occasion to raise awareness about environmental issues and encourage people to take action to protect the planet.
- Consumer goods companies, such as clothing and shoe manufacturers, who may promote their environmentally friendly products and practices.
- Automotive and transportation companies, who may advertise electric and hybrid cars, and promote carpooling, public transportation, and bike-sharing.
- Energy companies, who may advertise their renewable energy sources and energy-efficient products, such as solar panels and wind turbines.
- Food and agriculture companies, who may advertise their organic and sustainable farming practices.
The issue? The increasingly fragmented, multi-channel landscape that now exists. Brands have a plethora of options when it comes to targeting and reaching consumers, from traditional television to streaming services to even gaming consoles. With so many devices, channels and platforms competing for consumers' attention, though, it can be difficult to determine what platforms work best.
In the same vein, with the shift of media consumption, advertisers face the challenge of creating ads that will work well on both traditional television and digital platforms, as more and more people consume content online. This requires a different approach to ad creation and targeting, as well as different metrics for measuring success.
What’s a marketer to do? This leads us to our next point.
Younger, Eco-Friendly Consumers Are Watching Streaming TV Ads
Streaming is now the single most popular channel for TV consumption in the U.S., according to Nielsen, attracting more viewers than not only traditional broadcast and cable, but also more time spent than social media, gaming and music. And when it comes to advertising, adults in the U.S. pay more attention to streaming TV than another media channel, eMarketer found, thanks to the full-screen presentation, immersive experiences and non-skippable ad formats.
How CTV and Streaming Advertising Can Help Advertisers Reach The Right Audience
Streaming and Connected Television (CTV) advertising combines the reach of traditional television with the targeting capabilities of digital advertising, allowing advertisers to reach a large and diverse audience with a high level of precision and efficiency.
What’s more, streaming and CTV offer advertisers specific capabilities that are superior to other media, such as addressable targeting, deterministic measurement, campaign flexibility and speed, performance-led optimizations, cost-effectiveness and audience engagement. And when it comes to return on investment, streaming TV delivers a 30% higher ROI than all other marketing channels, including digital video, digital display, paid search and social, according to Analytics Partners. Streaming and CTV advertising can also provide a more premium, safe environment for brands, which can help build trust and credibility with potential customers.
How CTV and Streaming Advertising Complements Existing Digital and Social Strategies
But CTV advertising isn't just effective on its own. Streaming and CTV campaigns can be a cost-effective complement to an existing online, social or digital advertising strategy or media buys for the holiday. By using a multichannel approach, brands can reach potential customers through a variety of platforms, increasing the chances of their message being seen. Additionally, CTV advertising can provide measurable results, allowing advertisers to track the effectiveness of their campaigns and adjust them as needed, making the most of their advertising budget.
Simulmedia’s Unique CTV Advertising Solution for Earth Day
Simulmedia’s TV+© is the only streaming TV advertising platform designed to prioritize an advertiser’s needs. Here’s how we can help this Earth Day:
- Our technology allows us to build your audience target by who they are, how they’re watching and what they’re watching so we can confidently reach them at the most high-engagement, high-attention moments and at the most efficient cost.
- Our direct integrations with virtually every ad-supported streaming service, publisher and app – plus every linear network and channel – allows us to place your ads in premium, brand-safe environments with full transparency into where you’re running.
- To ensure maximum results with minimal waste, we deduplicate audiences and manage frequency across ad-supported streaming services so you’re not overdelivering your message to the same viewers.
- Our team of experts and TV veterans manage all aspects of your campaign from start to finish.
- We provide more granular measurement of the KPIs that matter to you than you’ve ever enjoyed before while our dedicated Simulmedia team optimizes your campaign for continuous improvement throughout your flight.
In conclusion, as a marketer, CTV advertising should definitely be considered as part of your Earth Day advertising strategy. It offers a wide range of benefits, including precise targeting, engaging ad experiences, and measurable results. Plus, it can effectively complement your existing online, social or digital advertising strategy or media buys. By using CTV in conjunction with other channels, you can create a more cohesive and consistent brand message across all channels and reach your target audience in a more effective way.
Find out how Simulmedia’s unique TV+® platform for TV and streaming advertising provides unified access to premium linear and CTV inventory across all networks and publishers. Request a demo or email us at email@example.com.